- German Shepherd Rescue of Central Texas claims no responsibility for the descriptions or temperaments of any dogs listed as a referral.
- We have not met these dogs, evaluated them, or verified claims made by owner or contact person.
- We do not own or take responsibility or liability for any completed adoption or transaction made regarding these dogs.
- Potential adopters are expected to seek out all information on health, temperament, and past behaviors prior to adopting.
- This page was updated July 26, 2020 and all dogs listed are still available for adoption.
- DOGS ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER AND NOT IN ANY ORDER OF RANK OR PREFERENCE.
Mac - contact Jessica Kirker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512.632.2133 (dog is in Austin area)
Mac is an 8 year-old male dog that is neutered, heartworm negative, up-to-date on shots and microchipped. Mac was originally adopted from the GSD Rescue of Central TX 7 years ago as a 3 month old puppy. His owner has to rehome him following the recent death of a family member (which is why I am currently fostering him). He is GREAT with kids. He absolutely adores my 3 and 7 year old boys. He has no issues with them running around like wild/free range children. He also loves covering them in kisses. Not sure about cats. His favorite past-time is porch sitting or going for walks. He also likes to play fetch and have soft toys of any kind. His tail goes crazy when kids smother him with kisses. Mac is dog aggressive. The best home for him is one with no other dogs. He is great on a leash and very responsive to correction, but can get triggered if another dog starts barking at him so he needs an owner that can handle this almost 80 lb. love bug that has an attitude at times. (posted 5.21.2020)
Marshall - contact Elizabeth Rodriguez <email@example.com> PHONE: 210-558-7773. Dog is in Runge, TExas (S.E. of San Antonio, near Karnes City)
Marshall is a three year old German Shepherd. He is neutered. My father-in-law died last year and we had to move in with my 80 year old mother-in-law. We were afraid Marshall would be too much for her. My son lives in Runge, Texas on 40 acres and has had him for the last year. My son lost his job and can’t keep him for us any more. He gets along with other dogs well but should be properly introduced to them. He is very sweet and loves people. He is not a fan of cats. He chases them. Since my son has had him he has become obsessed with sticks. He needs someone that can work with him. He is very smart and needs to be exercised daily. He is housed trained. I can bring him to wherever you need me to bring if you can find a foster home or a home. My son is moving in three weeks. Please contact me if interested. (POSTED 7.26.2020)